The semiconductor and electronic components industries have unique pricing requirements, driven by volume pricing, quoting through multiple sales channels, supporting multiple locations and buying organizations (customer, contract manufacturer, partner, etc.). To implement a global pricing and quoting program requires a tremendous amount of coordination, historical tracking, currency conversion, real-time price book management, and flexibility. In addition, the ability to integrate this complex pricing structure directly into a quoting system with an automated approval flow, guarantees you will achieve consistency and maximize your margins on a global basis.
The combination of NEHANET’s Global Pricing and Quote Management modules ensure the pricing you are quoting to a specific opportunity is consistent regardless of the location or buying organization. By providing in-depth historical pricing for a specific customer/part or part family combination, you can be sure you are not under-bidding yourself and leaving money on the table.
The designed in flexibility of the Global Pricing module allows you to design your pricing scheme based on what best suits your market and customer base. Utilizing different pricing strategies for strategic customers, tier-one customers, different regions or based on the sales channel is automatic and fool-proof. The ability to create future price books and have them automatically released by the system not only ensures new pricing is implemented on schedule but also ensures forecasts/opportunities are based on pricing that is scheduled to be used in the future, creating greater accuracy into future bookings.
Integration into the Quote Management module allows for an automated approval workflow and communication process that ensures strict adherence to pricing authority levels as well as increased responsiveness to quote requests, through either in system alerts or automatically generated email responses.
NEHANET’s Global Pricing and Quote Management key features include:
- Strong historical tracking – providing support for a specific part/product family to a single customer or to all customers
- Customizable price books supporting volume pricing
- Support for multiple price books for different regions, customer type (strategic, tier 1 etc.), channel type and many more
- Supports automatically releasing price books by time: For example price books by quarter or year
- Tight integration with other NEHANET modules including forecasting, opportunity tracking and samples
- Integrated pricing authority settings based on role, utilized in quote approval flow in quote module
- Automated responses to requestors when quotes are approved, improving response time and efficiency
- Automated currency conversion
- Integrated reports and analytics – know what price points are successful by customer, market region etc.
- 24/7 online or offline availability
NEHANET’s Global Pricing and/or Quote Management modules can act as a standalone solution; integrate with any leading CRM or ERP system or as a part of NEHANET CRM+ system integration. Integration with additional NEHANET modules including opportunity tracking, forecasting and sample management maximizes automation and provides additional gains in efficiency.
NEHANET’s Global Pricing and Quoting solution provides the control, flexibility and industry specific features required to provide the consistency, responsiveness and confidence you need to maximize your margins.
During this series of blogs, we will look at specific business processes were NEHANET’s solutions can have the greatest impact.