The NEHANET Outlook Sync engine lets you consolidate and manage all contacts, and their associated customer relationships.
Selective and Seamless Synchronization
Users can add Outlook contacts that they want to synchronize to NEHANET into the NEHANET contacts folder. They can also explicitly exclude any NEHANET contacts that they do not wish to synchronize with Outlook. Adding contacts from Outlook to NEHANET, or from NEHANET to Outlook is as simple as a click of a button.
Once the mapping is established between a Outlook Contact and it’s corresponding record in NEHANET, the system tracks changes to that contact in both Outlook and NEHANET, shows any differences in a summary page, and allows the user to decide which change they would like to make to their records.
Contacts deleted in Outlook are not deleted from NEHANET. However, Contacts that are in the NEHANET folder in Outlook and are deleted in NEHANET will be deleted from Outlook.
How to Install the NEHANET Contact Sync Software?
In order to use this feature you need to have Outlook 2010 or later version installed on Windows 7 or newer version of Windows OS. Please follow the steps below to enable this feature. If you need further assistance please contact us.
- Close Outlook before proceeding with the Installation.
- Login to your System using the URL. If you are not sure, please contact your System Administrator or your NEHANET Contact.
- Download the Outlook Contacts Sync Software. If you don’t have it, please contact your System Administrator or your NEHANET Contact.
- Save the setup_contacts.zip file and extract the contents of the zip file.
- Click on NNSync.msi (Microsoft Installer file). Follow the Installation wizard and complete the Installation.
- You will see a new icon NNSync.exe in your desktop.
- Restart Outlook.
- Click on NNSync.exe in your desktop to start the NEHANET Contact Sync Software. You will get a screen as shown below. Enter your Login details to Match and Sync Contacts between Outlook and NEHANET.
How to synchronize Contacts between Outlook and NEHANET?
Once the NEHANET Contact Sync Software is installed, launch it and you can select which Outlook Contacts to Sync with NEHANET. Once the Contacts are matched, anytime a Contact is updated in either Outlook or NEHANET, the changes propagate to the other side once you Sync. If there is a conflict, it will give you an option to select which one wins.