The Sales History data is either loaded from Excel or automatically loaded from the backend ERP system. The primary benefit is in driving forecast accuracy by making backlog and shipment information visible in the forecast module. The secondary benefit is that it gives reps and channel partners selective access to their backlog and shipsment data without giving them access to the ERP system itself. It also helps you run a Left to Book (GoGets) report so your Sales team knows where they need to focus to get the PO.
Integrating NEHANET with your ERP to pull in your BBB data
NEHANET is now integrated with many leading ERP/MRP solutions including SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Tensoft, Consona and others. Integrating NEHANET with your ERP is usually straightforward, and adds significant value to your operations.
We typically pull in the following information from your ERP: parts master, customer master, actuals (shipments), and backlog (requested, committed, delinquent, unscheduled), bookings and risk orders.
We utilize this information to:
- Communicate shipments/backlogs: Instead of sharing backlog and shipment information with your reps by sending them an excel spreadsheet once a week with their data or giving access to your ERP, you can make shipment and backlog information available to the larger sales team via our partner portal. Your reps will have the latest backlog and shipment information on their fingertips, including customer request vs. commit dates and ship date details. This information is also available in the NEHANET Offline edition.
- Improve forecast accuracy: Having access to shipment and backlog information in the forecast edit page significantly increases the forecast accuracy. Your sales team will have access to all the critical information they need while they are updating their forecasts. In addition, doing it all in one system significantly improves the efficiency. It also gives you the ability to reconcile shipments and backlog to a specific opportunity. To show backlog in the Annual Operating Plan, make sure your system has the “Backlog” (actual value 20) added to the Part Type field. All Sales History record with this value will be treated as Backlog. To show Shipment in the Forecast Edit page, make sure your system has the “Invoice” (actual value 10) added to the Type field. All Sales History records with this value will be treated as Shipments.
- Comprehensive business visibility reports: NEHANET provides reports that combine your forecasts, shipments, backlog (requested, committed, delinquent, and risk orders) and computes Go Gets/Left to book. This report can help drive your sales team to focus on closing the gap for a particular month.
Manufacturer Part Inventory Report
You can maintain the part inventory in a cost effective way in NEHANET. Everytime you add stock for a part, enter it as a “Stock Addition” in the Order Management module. Each entry with type “Stock Addition” will be added towards the inventory for that part. When a part is shipped, the system automatically deducts the shipped quantity from the part inventory. Make sure your system has the “Stock Additon” (actual value 50) added to both the Type field and Part Type field and fill in the shipped date to reflect the date the stock was added to the inventory.
You can track returns (including RMAs) in Sales Histrory module. Make sure your system has the “Returns” (actual value 30) added to both the Type field and Part Type field and fill in the return date in the shipped date fiedl to reflect the date the stock was returned.
Sales History (BBB data) to Opportunity reconcile
Now you can reconcile your BBB data to specific Opportunity in NEHANET. If you upload your BBB data into NEHANET, NEHANET automatically attempts to reconcile it to a specific Opportunity for you using the following rules:
- We auto reconcile where we can (i.e. there is only one Opportunity for that Customer/Part). Here you will find the opportunity Name and ID column filled in the BBB report..
- If there are more than one Opportunity for a particular Customer/Part, we mark the opportunity name as NONE-UR, so you know you need to manually reconcile the Sales Order to the right Opportunity. You need to do this only once and the system will remember it.
- If there is No Opportunity for a particular Customer/Part, we mark it as NONE-CR, so you can create the Opportunity and the next time the migration runs, it will auto-reconcile or mark it as NONE-UR. You need to do this only once.
- There is a Opportunity and a Forecast, but there is NO Sales Order for that Opportunity. These are flagged as NONE, since when the migration runs, we have no Sales order for these Opportunities.
Please provide your sales history spreadsheet as the first step in configuring this module to your requirements. If your sales history data is in excel, please provide your sales history file so it can be analyzed and configured in the system.
If your sales history data is in your ERP system, please provide a data dump so it can be analyzed and configured in the system. As a second step, we would then write the adapters to pull automatically data from the ERP system.
We can set your system up such that it automatically pulls the sales history data (shipments, requested and committed backlog etc) from your ERP system on a periodically scheduled basis. Please specify in your Requirements document if this is indeed your immediate or long term requirement, and we will keep that in mind during your rollout.