Concepts and Capabilities
NEHANET supports the majority of your design win/opportunity tracking requirements right out of the box. Please keep the following concepts in mind when you are itemizing the requirements for your opportunity tracking system.
- An Opportunity can have multiple parts; and you can specify the volume, ASP etc for each part. You can specify the Annual Board volume for each Contract Manufacturer, or alternatively, you can specify the Program Life and the Volume/Month at each Part Level.
- Opportunities are associated with multiple Accounts.
- Typically an opportunity is associated with a Design Customer (and therefore a Design Region, Design Region RSM, Design Region Rep etc).
- Opportunities can also be associated with multiple Production Customers, typically Contract Manufacturers (and therefore Production Region, Production Region RSM, Production Region Rep etc.)
- You can also associate ODMs, Chip-Set Manufacturers and Partners with an opportunity.
- Opportunities have a Status at the overall opportunity level and at the part level. Typical Values are Evaluation, Sampled, Design Win, Production, EOL, Loss, etc which can be changed per your requirements. You can optionally have the top level opportunity status be based on the status of each Part’s status in that opportunity. Similarly Confidence values can be associated with opportunities, both at a top level and at a part level. You can also set priorities for opportunities. The summary grid colors codes opportunities with different priorities (Red for critical, Green for High etc) for visual reference.
- You can have custom fields at both the top and part level, and can optionally use these fields for calculations. For example, you can track Competitor information and set the system up such that selecting a Competitor auto fills certain Competitors Drop Down Lists. You can also set the system up such that the Opportunity Phase, or Confidence is calculated off other drop downs that contain qualification criteria. Market Segment and Application Category are common fields. Win/Loss Reason and related information is also a common choice.
- You can access any account or part field in the opportunity and use this information in analytics. You can make any opportunity field visible in higher level modules such as forecasting, samples, quotes etc. Please consider this when deciding what information belongs to the opportunity versus belonging to account, part or forecast.
- Opportunities can be emailed out either based on email addresses added in the opportunity, or based on automatic email rules,. Please specify the email rules you require so that NEHANET Services can configure the system as close to your requirements as possible and advise you of any deltas.
- You can add ongoing notes to the Opportunities. These notes are archived in chronologically descending order and timestamped with the name of the user and the time the notes were entered.
- You can also attach documents such as schematics, etc to the Opportunity. This provides you a easy way to share Opportunity related documents with your Sales, FAE and other team members.
Automatically set the Part Level Design Win Date when you set the Sales Stage
We now have a configurable option to automatically set the Part level Design Win Date, when you set the Sales Stage.
Automatically set the Part Level Confidence when you set the Sales Stage
We now have a configurable option to automatically set the Part level Confidence field, when you set the Sales Stage.
There is a System Field in Opportunity called “Export Control”. This is a pick list with two values: “Cleared Party” and “Denied Party”. You can set a default value for this during Opportunity creation and set permissions for this field so only certain roles have access to modify this field. This is useful for identifying which Opportunities are cleared for working with restricted parts.
Contract Manufacturer (CM) Section in Opportunity
The CM section in Opportunity is enabled by default. During the initial creation of the Opportunity, the End Customer defaults as the CM. You can add one or more CMs as the Opportunity gets to a Design Win or Production Status. Once a CM is added, you can delete the End Customer which was automatically added as the CM during initial creation.
Hiding CM Section
You can hide the CM section (and the system and custom fields for this section) in Opportunity. Once this section is hidden (disable the Annual Board Volume field in Admin-Fields), the system will automatically set the Annual Board Volume to 1 during initial creation of the Opportunity. If the section is enabled (default behavior), the Annual Board volume will be set to 0 (zero) during initial creation or subsequent addition of a CM.
There is a new System Field called “Opportunity Owner”. It is a Pick List with a list of all HOST Company Users (similar to Company Contact in Quotes). While Creating a NEW Opportunity it defaults to Accounts:Account Manager field. It can be overwritten and replaced with another user. This field is also available in Forecast Reports.
As a first step, please give NEHANET Services a spreadsheet with the details of your Design Win/Opportunity funnel so that they can configure your system, load in your data, and advise you on any gaps between your requirements and the way your system has been configured. Note: once your Opportunity Module is setup, NEHANET services can provide you with an Excel template which contains the fields specific to your system. This template is used to import your data in quickly and easily.
If you have historical sales stage duration data, you can upload those as well.